Indian Institute of Information Technology, Allahabad
Link to the Official Website of the Institute
About : The History and Activities of IIIT Allahabad (UP)
The 'Indian Institute of Information Technology, Allahabad ('IIIT-A') was established in 1999, as a center of excellence in Information Technology and computer science by the Government of India. The institute was conferred the "Deemed University" status in the year 2000 and thus became empowered to have a perpetual seal and award degrees subsequent to the conduct of its own examinations.
The Institute has been conceived with the ambitious objectives of developing professional expertise and skilled manpower in Information Technology and related areas. As an apex nucleating institute in the area of IT, the establishment of IIIT-A, is a major step of Govt. of India towards strengthening its indigenous IT capability and thus attaining expertise to enable the country to emerge as a leading player in the global arena. The institute has also started courses in electronics and communication to be at par in the ICE age.
IIITA has consistently been ranked among the top 15 technical institutes in the nation.
IIITA held the largest gathering of nobel prize winners in India during December 2008(15-21). This meet was the first of its kind in India to promote growth of basic sciences . This conclave was held on the lines of Lindau summit which is held in Germany every year.
Bachelor of Technology (IT and ECE)
IIITA offers a B.Tech degree in Information Technology and Electronics & Communications Engineering.
This course is arguably one of the best in the country in the field of information technology and electronics & communications engineering. Its greatest strength is its adaptability to the changing industry requirements. A student here is not only learning the newest technologies, but is also given ample industry exposure.
Based upon the merit in the written examination, namely AIEEE conducted by the CBSE, Central Counseling Board of AIEEE invites candidates for counseling at selected centers, closes to the respective home places of candidates & seats for various participating institutions are allotted, based upon individual merit.
There are a total of 277 seats out of which 135 are for General category candidates, 41 for SC, 21 for ST ,72 for OBC while 8 seats are reserved for physically handicapped candidates. Also there are 27 seats available for NRI students.
Admissions to foreign nationals/ NRI is only admissible against these seats. For this it is mandatory to have qualified SAT-II Examination with a minimum score of 1800, apart from having completed his/ her qualifying degree from abroad.
for the fee details as per the college website.
Extracurricular Club activities
- (IIITA Network Development, Engineering and Management) represents the Network and System Admins at IIITA. The INDEM is the meeting point of the innovative technical minds in the institute, apart from academics. INDEM keeps innovating, experimenting and implementing the cutting edge technology at the campus LAN apart from routine maintenance and management of Internet/Intranet services. The team is headed by a programmer Mithilesh Mishra.
- The robotics club encourages students to explore and experiment with robot design, artificial intelligence programming and related areas. Robot fabrication workshops are also conducted.
- Organizes debates, extempores and other literary competitions. It is also responsible for publishing IMHO (in English) and Swacchanda (in Hindi), two magazines for in-campus circulation.
- The dramatics club, RangTarangani is responsible for organizing workshops (acting as well as scriptwriting) and holding drama competitions where young talent can be showcased. The club has been active in staging excellent performances both in Hindi and English at various occasions. Innovation- one act play competition is an annual feature of the club.
- Music Club is a showcase of the musical talent of the institute. The club apart from having a college band has been successful in putting up wonderful performances and also being helpful in letting the student bite the music bug.
- Sports Club brings to you the spirit of life, the spirit of competition, the spirit to win, the spirit to participate and ultimately prove the one within you. It has the energy, the courage and the enthusiasm to bring the most lively sports events of IIITA.
- Dance Club phodu bandar as president Synergy of thought, symphony of movement, artistic expression and a sense of idyllic beauty - this symbolizes the ushma of the dance club.
- Audio Lights Club - The institute is proud to have the services of this club, which has been very efficient in managing lights, audio equipment, visual recording of various events staged at IIITA.
- The Program Management and Publicity Club is responsible for management and publicity of various events held at IIITA. It brings out a sense of leadership and responsibility of a student.
There are separate hostels for boys and girls, with single rooms (for the senior most batches) and twin sharing rooms. There are currently four hostels for boys and two for girls at the Jhalwa campus. The girls of first year live in quad-shared rooms. The spacious accommodations are provided with computers, along with 24-hour backup power supply. The hostel mess caters to the students' meals.
The freshmen batches are housed in another hostel situated in Naini (located 19 kilometres from the main campus), which can accommodate over 200 students.
The students have access to a regular bus service from the Jhalwa campus to central Allahabad (the Nehru Science Centre campus).
Address of IIIT, Allahabad
Indian Institute of Information Technology
Allahabad 211 012
: +91 532 292 2000
Website : http://www.iiita.ac.in/
Email : email@example.com